It has been a long time since my last contest, so it is well past time to do another one. If you would like to see me write an article about your favorite Mississippi Civil War regiment, this is your chance! That said, here are the rules:
1. All votes must be sent to my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “Vote” in the subject line.
2. Only one vote per person – but feel free to have your friends and family vote as well.
3. You can vote for any Mississippi unit except the 38th Mississippi Infantry/Cavalry, 21st Mississippi Infantry, 31st Mississippi Infantry, or 33rd Mississippi Infantry – I have already written extensively about the first two regiments, and the 31st Mississippi and 33rd Mississippi have been picked in previous contests.
4. Votes must be received by me before midnight on April 1, 2016.
5. I will announce the winner on April 2, 2016.
6. Each person that votes for a regiment will get the name of that unit thrown into a hat. The winner will be chosen from the hat, so every entry has a chance, and the more votes a particular unit gets, the better its odds of winning.
7. Good Luck to Everyone, and I look Forward to Your Entries!