I was just looking back over my previous articles for the blog, and realized that it has been a year since the contest to help me pick a topic for my blog. That contest resulted in the article, “An Avalanche of Brave Southern Soldiers: The 31st Mississippi Infantry at the Battle of Baton Rouge.”
I had so much fun with the contest that I want to do it again – So if you would like to see an article about your favorite Mississippi Civil War regiment, this is your chance! That said, here are the rules:
1. All votes must be sent to my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “Vote” in the subject line
2. Only one vote per person – but feel free to have your friends and family vote as well
3. You can vote for any Mississippi unit except the 38th Mississippi Infantry/Cavalry, 21st Mississippi Infantry, or 31st Mississippi Infantry – I have already written extensively about the first two units, and the 31st was the unit chosen in last year’s contest.
4 Votes must be received by me before midnight on July 28, 2013
5. I will announce the winner on July 29, 2012
6. I will chose the winner in a slightly different manner this year – each person that votes for a regiment will get the name of the unit thrown into a hat. The winner will be chosen from the hat, so every entry has a chance to win, and the more votes for a particular unit gives it a better chance to win.
7. Good Luck to Everyone, and I look Forward to Your Entries!